Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Catching Up....

Since you know....October. Nothing worth mentioning has happened since then. Life is boring with 3 small children in the house and nothing worth remembering ever happens. Ha! Wait a minute, that's totally not true. There is so much going on that I'm not doing the greatest job of keeping up. My goal when I started this was to record the kids' lives since scrapbooking wasn't exactly getting done...or started for that matter. I guess I can call it a small, minuscule success since I'll have 3 posts once this one is finished, but I still have a long, long way to go.

At any rate, here's what we've been up too. Hopefully I'll get some pictures up to go with it by, oh maybe, then end of summer.

Snow, snow and more snow. We broke the record for the most consecutive days of snow on the ground this winter and it felt (and still feels to an extent) that winter will never end. Daddy took off a day early for Christmas so that we could head back to my parents before a big snow storm. We made it just in time before 2+ feet of snow along with 30 -40 mph winds hit. Once we got there we were snowed in and couldn't visit anyone else so it was a very different Christmas, but nice for a change.

Kate finally got me convinced that she needed to be potty trained. She was ready awhile (probably before Josiah was born or shortly thereafter) but I kept putting it off. At any rate, once I decided it was time it didn't take long at all and she's doing a fantastic job.

Josiah just turned 1! What a big boy. We had his well baby appointment yesterday and things are going just fine. He's back to hanging steady at around the 50% after his height shot up to the 75% at 9 months. He's just over 22lbs and just 29.5 inches long. He's pulling up and cruising and I can finally say as of last week that he's actually crawling on all 4's. Up until then he was army crawling. He did that for 3+ months before he finally figured out that it's much easier to use his legs than to drag them on the ground behind them.

Abby has been busy learning her alphabet, numbers and writing her name. She can copy her name and has knows most her alphabet and sounds. Nate pointed out that every night she whispers in Josiah's ear, "Good night my Prince Charming". Ahhhh! I just love that. She has a very sweet, thoughtful heart and I hope it stays that way as she gets older. Hopefully she'll always be so sweet to her brother, but I'm sure there will be at least a couple of years in there that things won't be quite so sweet between them.

Babies are crying...must get off the computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment