Wednesday, September 30, 2009

And so it begins....


Well, I started this blog earlier and then decided that I didn't have anywhere near the time I needed to keep up a blog, so I let it go.
That is until I was talking with another mom a couple of weeks ago and she mentioned that she has a blog that she uses to record the details of her childrens' lives that would normally go in a baby book or scrapbook. My ears perked up at that idea because I have baby books for all 3 of my kids and all kinds of scrapbooking stuff, but I have done nothing with either of them. I've always meant to do it, but, it's never happened so far. (This may be because I had 3 kids in 31/2 years, who knows...)

So hear goes my attempt to actually record the happenings in my childrens' lives....

Abby and Josiah had their well baby appointments last week. Abby just turned 4 and Josiah is 6 months...

At 4 years Abby is 40.5 inches tall (75th percentile) and 33.4 pounds (30th percentile). She completely shot up this last summer -- I think especially in the legs. Her Easter dress fit perfectly at the beginning of April, but by June it was too short, as were most of the rest of her dresses. A HUGE problem given her love of dresses! ;) I think she'll end up having my body type. It's crazy how much she is like me in pretty much every way. Looks, personality, she appears to be a mini-me. Kate on the other hand appears to be very much Tasler in all ways. We'll see if it stays that way.

Josiah is 6 months old. Time is flying by and he's starting to look like a little man. He is still super laid back, but has no problem using his lungs if he feels like he's not being heard. He's rolling all over and stretching for toys that he sees, but no crawling yet. He loves his baby food and I've finally figured out after 3 kids that making your own baby food really is that easy! He's holding steady at the 50th percentile for both height and weight. He's measuring 26.75 inches and weighs 17.6 pounds. His head circumference is actually on the chart at the 90th percentile instead of off of it like his sisters. What can I say? Our kids need those big heads for their big brains! =)

Abby on her very first day of dance class. She is having a blast and loves going every week.

Sweet Josiah playing outside while camping earlier in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment